Thursday, September 12, 2019

Dialogue on school dress (school uniform) of the students

Dialogue on school dress (school uniform) of the students


Teacher
Hello, Akhi. Why have you come to school putting on your plain personal dress?
Akhi
Sorry, Sir. I have sent the most of my clothes to the laundry. But I couldn’t miss my classes.
Teacher
Good, you can’t miss your classes. One thing I tell you Akhi that the school uniform is not simply a show or an attraction [আকর্ষণ] but it is a symbol [প্রতীক] of identity and unity with the school.
Akhi
Would you please explain this, sir?
Teacher
Oh yes, when you use your school dress, it appears that you belong to the school, you are proud of the school. But, when you don’t use the school dress, it appears that you belong to one of the hundreds of different families. Your identity is lost.
Akhi
But my parents are there to teach me a certain standard of dress for certain occasions. Is it not sufficient, sir?
Teacher
Of course. The home is the place where you grow up and get the most of the elementary [প্রাথমিক] education from your parents. I do agree but how many families are as solvent or educated as yours? What is the condition of the children belonging to the uneducated or economically distressed families?
Akhi
I am extremely sorry, sir. Today when I entered the class, everyone looked at me as if I were an unexpected stranger [অচেনা].
Teacher
Is it not clear to you why I am pressing hard for the school dress?
Akhi
Yes, sir. I will not make the same mistake again.
Teacher
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment