Monday, September 9, 2019

Phrases and Clauses: Exercise 004


Phrases and Clauses: Exercise 004

Identify the Clause.

            1.         Everyone was busy, so I went to the movie alone.




            2.         Frank ran the race as though his life depended on it.




            3.         Give us a call when you get back from your trip.




            4.         He didn’t want to go to the dentist, yet he went anyway.




            5.         He is famous, yet he is very humble.




            6.         He ran out of money, so he had to stop playing poker.




            7.         He remembered to wear his jacket lest he catch a cold.




            8.         He took the test several times but he couldn’t pass.




            9.         How you made that decision baffles me.




            10.       I am counting my calories, yet I really want dessert.




            11.       I asked her to help me.




            12.       I believe that everything happens for a reason.




            13.       I do not like people who are mean to animals.




            14.       I don’t know whether I’m coming or going.




            15.       I heated my coffee because it was too cold.




            16.       I know that the students studied their assignment.




            17.       I like pizza, which is also the favourite of my sister Jean.




            18.       I looked for them but they arrived at the station.




            19.       I never knew how wonderful life could be till I met you.




            20.       I really didn’t like the play although the acting was very good.



Phrases and Clauses: Exercise 004
Answer Section

            1.         PC, PC

            2.         PC, SC

            3.         SC, PC

            4.         PC, PC

            5.         PC, PC

            6.         PC, PC

            7.         PC, SC

            8.         PC, PC

            9.         SC, PC

            10.       PC, PC

            11.       PC

            12.       PC, SC

            13.       PC, SC

            14.       PC, SC

            15.       PC, PC

            16.       PC, SC

            17.       PC, SC

            18.       PC, PC

            19.       SC, PC

            20.       PC, SC

No comments:

Post a Comment