Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Phrases or Words: Exercise 001


Phrases or Words: Exercise 001

Complete the sentences with suitable phrases or words.

            1.         ____________ he fired the gun, the tiger sprang on him. PW:[01]




            2.         ____________ he saw the police, he ran away. PW:[01]




            3.         ____________ I ate the fish, I started feeling sick. PW:[01]




            4.         ____________ I finished my studies, I got a good job. PW:[01]




            5.         ____________ I got up from bed, I took a bath. PW:[01]




            6.         ____________ I put the phone down, it started ringing again. PW:[01]




            7.         ____________ the police had left the scene, trouble started brewing again. PW:[01]




            8.         ____________ the sun disappeared below the horizon, darkness began to envelop the planet. PW:[01]




            9.         ____________ the sun rose, the fog disappeared. PW:[01]




            10.       ____________ they completed the work, they demanded the wages. PW:[01]




            11.       ____________ they met, they fell in love with each other. PW:[01]




            12.       ____________ I arrived at the station, the train came. PW:[01]




            13.       ____________ she finished one project, she started working on the next. PW:[01]




            14.       Both Anik ____________ Jotisko are intelligent. PW:[17]




            15.       Both my friend ____________ cousin came on the occasion of my birthday. PW:[17]




            16.       Both the teacher ____________ the student were absent. PW:[17]




            17.       Either he ____________ his brothers are guilty. PW:[17]




            18.       ____________ I or my friend will raise the flag. PW:[17]




            19.       ____________ Maliha or Samia will present the meeting. PW:[17]




            20.       ____________ I taken a dose of medicine when I started feeling better. PW:[01]



Phrases or Words: Exercise 001
Answer Section

            1.         As soon as

            2.         As soon as

            3.         As soon as

            4.         As soon as

            5.         As soon as

            6.         As soon as

            7.         As soon as

            8.         As soon as

            9.         As soon as

            10.       As soon as

            11.       As soon as

            12.       As soon as

            13.       As soon as

            14.       and

            15.       and

            16.       and

            17.       or

            18.       Either

            19.       Either

            20.       Hardly had

No comments:

Post a Comment