Thursday, September 12, 2019

Dialogue between two friends about wonders of the world

Dialogue between two friends about wonders of the world


Akib
Hey how are you?
Badal
I am good. What about you? What are you looking at so closely?
Akib
I am looking at this brochure [প্রচারপত্র].
Badal
What is this brochure about?
Akib
It's about the wonders of the world.
Badal
What do you mean?
Akib
I mean that it is about the various monuments that were built in ancient [প্রাচীন] times. And those monuments still stands and amazes us.
Badal
Oh, I see. Can I have a look at it?
Akib
Yes, of course.
Badal
They have given pictures too. I can see The Taj and The Pyramid. But I can’t recognize this picture.
Akib
Let me see. Oh, it is the picture of the Great Wall of China. Do you know it is about 8,850 kilometres long.
Badal
No, I didn’t know that. Thanks for telling me. I can also see the picture of The Eiffel Tower. But why are you suddenly so interested in these?
Akib
My father has offered me a chance to see one of the Wonders of the World.
Badal
You are so lucky.
Akib
Yes, I think I am. But I have to go now. I have some work to finish. See you later.
Badal
See you again.

16 comments: