Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Phrases or Words: Exercise 003


Phrases or Words: Exercise 003

Complete the sentences with suitable phrases or words.

            1.         He’s welcome to come along, ____________ he behaves himself. PW:[15]




            2.         I can afford to have a holiday, ____________ I earn fifty pounds a day. PW:[15]




            3.         I can barely handle my own two kids, ____________ several of their friends. PW:[18]




            4.         I can’t even read Italian, ____________ write it. PW:[18]




            5.         I can’t read French, ____________ speak it. PW:[18]




            6.         I can’t speak Bangla fluently, ____________ English. PW:[18]




            7.         I do not know ____________ they want. PW:[19]




            8.         I do not know whether he is honest ____________ dishonest. PW:[17]




            9.         I do not know whether she will come ____________ not. PW:[17]




            10.       I don’t have a bicycle, ____________ a car. PW:[18]




            11.       I don’t have enough money to buy petrol, ____________ a bike. PW:[18]




            12.       I don’t like grilled fish, ____________ raw fish. PW:[18]




            13.       I don’t want to see him, ____________ go out with him. PW:[18]




            14.       I took ____________ accounting and marketing as my major courses. PW:[17]




            15.       I was allowed to go off by myself ____________ I promised to be careful. PW:[15]




            16.       I was too exhausted to think, ____________ study. PW:[18]




            17.       I will buy my son a new car, ____________ he agrees to not get a tattoo. PW:[15]




            18.       I will call you up, ____________ I have time. PW:[15]




            19.       I will go, ____________ she comes. PW:[15]




            20.       I will go, ____________ the others go. PW:[15]



Phrases or Words: Exercise 003
Answer Section

            1.         provided that

            2.         providing that

            3.         let alone

            4.         let alone

            5.         let alone

            6.         let alone

            7.         what

            8.         or

            9.         or

            10.       let alone

            11.       let alone

            12.       let alone

            13.       let alone

            14.       both

            15.       provided that

            16.       let alone

            17.       provided that

            18.       provided that

            19.       provided that

            20.       provided that

No comments:

Post a Comment