Thursday, August 15, 2019

Narration: Exercise 001


Narration: Exercise 001

Change the following sentences into indirect speech.

            1.         "Do you want to use that piece of land?" Mr Ahmed said to his students. [NAR:13]




            2.         "Have you ever been to Dhaka, Kashem?" Anwar said. [NAR:13]




            3.         "Help! Help! Help!" cried the drowning child. [Exceptional]




            4.         "I am the maid servant of Rupnagar." Said the young lady. [NAR:02]




            5.         "May I come in, Sir?" The boy said to the teacher. [NAR:13]




            6.         "Shall we go and help her?" Anwar said to Mrs Salam. [NAR:13]




            7.         "Will you return the book?" He said to me. [NAR:13]




            8.         "Would you like some tea?" Salma asked Mrs Green. [NAR:13]




            9.         A hawker said to me, "Do you want any newspaper?" [NAR:13]




            10.       A stranger said to him, "What is your name?" [NAR:14]




            11.       Alam said to Shuvo, "I was suffering from fever." [NAR:03]




            12.       Alam said, "I want to write a letter." [NAR:07]




            13.       Ali said to me, "What are you looking for here?" [NAR:14]




            14.       Aman said, "Good bye, friends!" [NAR:20]




            15.       Amin said to Hasan, "Aren't you coming to my house today?" [NAR:13]




            16.       Aminul said, "I have lost my keys." [NAR:02]




            17.       Anwar said to his sister, "Will you go to school?" [NAR:13]




            18.       Anwar said to me, "The parrot died last night." [NAR:03]




            19.       Anwar said to Mrs Amin, "What kind of stories did Aesop tell?" [NAR:05]




            20.       Anwar told Kashem, "Let's go and see."  [NAR:17]



Narration: Exercise 001
Answer Section

            1.         Mr Ahmed asked the students if they wanted to use that piece of land.

            2.         Anwar asked Kashem if he had ever been to Dhaka.

            3.         The drowning child repeatedly called for help.

            4.         The young lady said that she was the maid servant of Rupnagar.

            5.         The boy asked the teacher respectfully if he might go in.

            6.         Anwar asked Mrs Salam if they would go and help her.

            7.         He asked me if I would return the book to him.

            8.         Salma asked Mrs Green if she would like some tea.

            9.         A hawker asked me if I wanted any newspaper.

            10.       A stranger asked him what his name was.

            11.       Alam told Shuvo that he had been suffering from fever.

            12.       Alam said that he wanted to write a letter.

            13.       Ali asked what I was looking for there.

            14.       Aman bade his friends good bye.

            15.       Amin asked Hasan if he was going to his house that day.

            16.       Aminul said that he had lost her keys.

            17.       Anwar asked his sister if she would go to school.

            18.       Anwar told me that the parrot had died the previous night.

            19.       Anwar asked Mrs Amin what kind of stories Aesop told.

            20.       Anwar proposed to Kashem that they should go and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment