Thursday, August 15, 2019

Narration: Exercise 017


Narration: Exercise 017

Change the following sentences into indirect speech.

            1.         They said to him, "Let us play football today." [NAR:17]




            2.         They said to him, "What is your name?" [NAR:14]




            3.         They said to me, "How can we overcome the crisis?" [NAR:14]




            4.         They said to me, "We went to college yesterday." [NAR:03]




            5.         They said to me, "You have done well." [NAR:02]




            6.         They said to us, "Let us discuss the matter ourselves." [NAR:17]




            7.         They said to us, "Let us go out for a walk." [NAR:17]




            8.         They said to us, "We shall do it at any cost." [NAR:02]




            9.         They said to us, "When will you return home?" [NAR:14]




            10.       They said to us, "Will you help us?" [NAR:13]




            11.       They said, "God will save us." [NAR:02]




            12.       They said, "We did our duty." [NAR:03]




            13.       We said to her, "Are you conscious?" [NAR:13]




            14.       We said to them, "Have you seen the man going?" [NAR:13]




            15.       We said to them, "We know you." [NAR:02]




            16.       You said to her, "May you get through the exam." [NAR:20]




            17.       You said to me, "Have you heard the news of the accident?" [NAR:13]




            18.       You said to me, "I cannot go to your place." [NAR:02]




            19.       You said to me, "I have called you." [NAR:02]




            20.       You said to me, "Why do you always keep bad company?" [NAR:14]



Narration: Exercise 017
Answer Section

            1.         They proposed to him that they should play football that day.

            2.         They asked him what his name was.

            3.         They asked me how they could overcome the crisis.

            4.         They told me that they had gone to college the previous day.

            5.         They told me that I had done well.

            6.         They proposed to us that we should discuss the matter ourselves.

            7.         They proposed to us that we should go out for a walk.

            8.         They told us that they would do it at any cost.

            9.         They asked me when we would return home.

            10.       They asked us if we would help them.

            11.       They said that God would save them.

            12.       They said that they had done their duty.

            13.       We asked her if she was conscious.

            14.       We asked them if they had seen the man going.

            15.       We told them that we knew them.

            16.       You prayed for her that she might get through the exam.

            17.       She asked me if I had heard the news of the accident.

            18.       You told me that you could not go to my place.

            19.       You told me that you had called me.

            20.       You asked me why I always kept bad company.

No comments:

Post a Comment