Thursday, August 15, 2019

Narration: Exercise 011


Narration: Exercise 011

Change the following sentences into indirect speech.

            1.         Rima said to me, "What are you doing?" [NAR:14]




            2.         Rimi said to Shila, "Let's go for a walk in the open field." [NAR:17]




            3.         Ruby said to her mother, "What did you see when you were in the States?" [NAR:14]




            4.         Ruma said to Lima, "Have you ever been to Cox's Bazar?" [NAR:13]




            5.         Runa said to Sumi, "Will you meet me tomorrow?" [NAR:13]




            6.         Ruplal's mother said to him, "Accept your responsibility." [NAR:16]




            7.         Sachin said, "Good evening, Sir!" [NAR:20]





            8.         Salma said to me, "I saw you long ago." [NAR:03]




            9.         Salma says, "I did not go to school." [NAR:01]




            10.       Sammi whispered to me, "I am just behind you." [NAR:02]




            11.       Sarifa said to her father, "I am preparing my lesson." [NAR:02]




            12.       Seuly said to her father, "Will you buy me a new dress?" [NAR:13]




            13.       Sharmin told Salma, "Do have a cup of tea." [NAR:16]




            14.       She said “My wife was making lunch when I was studying” [NAR:06]




            15.       She said to father, "Where did you go last evening?" [NAR:14]




            16.       She said to her mother, "I dreamt a bad dream last night." [NAR:03]




            17.       She said to me, "I was ill" [NAR:03]




            18.       She said to me, "I went to market and bought some books."  [NAR:03]




            19.       She said to me, "You could help me." [NAR:07]




            20.       She said, "Let him do it again." [NAR:18]



Narration: Exercise 011
Answer Section

            1.         Rina asked me what I was doing.

            2.         Rimi proposed to Shila that they should go for a walk in the open field.

            3.         Ruby asked her mother what she had seen when she had been in the States.

            4.         Ruma asked Lima if she (L) had ever been to Cox's Bazar.

            5.         Runa asked Sumi if she (S) would meet her (R) the next day.

            6.         Ruplal's mother told him to accept his responsibility.

            7.         Sachin respectfully wished the sir good evening. / Sachin respectfully wished me (you / him / her / them /…) good evening.

            8.         Salma told me that she had seen me long ago.

            9.         Salma says that she did not go to school.

            10.       Sammi whispered me that he was just behind me.

            11.       Sarifa told her father that she was preparing her lesson.

            12.       Sheuly asked her father if he would buy her a new dress.

            13.       Sharmin requested Salma to have a cup of tea.

            14.       She said that her wife was making lunch when she was studying.

            15.       She asked father where he had gone the previous evening.

            16.       She told her mother that she had dreamt a bad dream the previous day.

            17.       She told me that she had been ill.

            18.       She told me that she had gone to market and bought some books.

            19.       She told me that I could help her

            20.       She told/wished that he might be allowed to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment