Thursday, August 15, 2019

Narration: Exercise 005


Narration: Exercise 005

Change the following sentences into indirect speech.

            1.         He said to me, "Let me go as early as possible." [NAR:17]




            2.         He said to me, "Let us go there." [NAR:17]




            3.         He said to me, "Let's finish reading the last part of this book."  [NAR:17]




            4.         He said to me, "Please excuse me." [NAR:16]




            5.         He said to me, "Were you ill?" [NAR:13]




            6.         He said to me, "Were you reading a book?" [NAR:13]




            7.         He said to me, "What do you want?" [NAR:14]




            8.         He said to me, "What is the time by your watch?" [NAR:14]




            9.         He said to me, "What's your name?" [NAR:14]




            10.       He said to me, "When will you go home?" [NAR:14]




            11.       He said to me, "Where did you go yesterday?" [NAR:14]




            12.       He said to me, "Where do you live?" [NAR:14]




            13.       He said to me, "Where do you live?" [NAR:14]




            14.       He said to me, "Which book do you want to buy?" [NAR:14]




            15.       He said to me, "Why are you reading the book?" [NAR:14]




            16.       He said to me, "Why did you come here?" [NAR:14]




            17.       He said to me, "Why have you struck him?" [NAR:14]




            18.       He said to me, "Will you go to school today?" [NAR:13]




            19.       He said to me, "Will you return the book to me?" [NAR:13]




            20.       He said to me, "Wish you good luck." [NAR:20]



Narration: Exercise 005
Answer Section

            1.         He suggested me that he should go as early as possible.

            2.         He proposed to me that we should go there.

            3.         He proposed to me that we should finish reading the last part of that book.

            4.         He requested me to excuse him.

            5.         He asked me if I had been ill.

            6.         He asked me if I had been reading a book.

            7.         He asked me what I wanted.

            8.         He asked me what the time was by my watch.

            9.         He asked me what my name was.

            10.       He asked me when I would go home.

            11.       He asked me where I had gone the previous day.

            12.       He asked me where I lived.

            13.       He asked me where I lived.

            14.       He asked me which book I wanted to buy.

            15.       He asked me why I was reading the book.

            16.       He asked me why I had not gone there.

            17.       He asked me why I had struck him.

            18.       He asked me if I would go to school that day.

            19.       He asked me if I would return the book to him.

            20.       He wished me good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment