Thursday, August 15, 2019

Narration: Exercise 007


Narration: Exercise 007

Change the following sentences into indirect speech.

            1.         He said, "May you succeed better in life." [NAR:20]




            2.         He said, "O that I had the wings of a bird." [NAR:20]




            3.         He said, "The train reached at nine." [NAR:03]




            4.         He says, "Her father bought a big house." [NAR:01]




            5.         He says, "I went to market yesterday." [NAR:01]




            6.         He will say, "I am ready to go." [NAR:01]




            7.         I said to her, "Did you do the work?" [NAR:13]




            8.         I said to her, "When will you go home?" [NAR:14]




            9.         I said to her, "Where were you going yesterday?" [NAR:14]




            10.       I said to her, "Will you go to school tomorrow?" [NAR:13]




            11.       I said to her, "Will you not appear at the final examination?" [NAR:13]




            12.       I said to him, "Do you know me?" [NAR:13]




            13.       I said to him, "Don't be silly." [NAR:16]




            14.       I said to him, "How long will you take to complete the assignment?" [NAR:14]




            15.       I said to him, "I bought a book for you." [NAR:02]




            16.       I said to him, "I met Raihan on my way to school."  [NAR:03]




            17.       I said to him, "Please tell me the way to the hospital." [NAR:16]




            18.       I said to him, "What are you doing now?" [NAR:14]




            19.       I said to him, "What will you do after the examination?" [NAR:14]




            20.       I said to Mahmud, "Do you like to read poetry?" [NAR:13]



Narration: Exercise 007
Answer Section

            1.         He prayed that I might succeed better in life.

            2.         He wished that he had the wings of bird.

            3.         He said that the train had reached at nine.

            4.         He says that her father bought a big house.

            5.         He says that he went to market the previous day.

            6.         He will say that he is ready to go.

            7.         I asked her if she had done the work.

            8.         I asked her when she would go home.

            9.         I asked her where she had been going the previous day.

            10.       I asked her if she would go to school the next day.

            11.       I asked her if she would not appear at the final examination.

            12.       I asked him if he knew me.

            13.       I requested him not to be silly.

            14.       I asked him how long it would take him to complete the assignment.

            15.       I told him that I had bought a book for him.

            16.       I told him that I had met Raihan on my way to school.

            17.       I requested him to tell him the way to the hospital.

            18.       I asked him what he was doing then.

            19.       I asked him what he would do after his examination.

            20.       I asked Mahmud if he (M) liked to read Poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment