Thursday, August 15, 2019

Narration: Exercise 009


Narration: Exercise 009

Change the following sentences into indirect speech.

            1.         Mother said to me, "Are you going to school now?" [NAR:13]




            2.         Mother said to me, "Do you hear me?" [NAR:13]




            3.         Mother said to me, "Respect your teacher." [NAR:16]




            4.         Mother said to me, "When will you return? [NAR:14]




            5.         Mother said to Nasima, "Will you give me a drink?" [NAR:13]




            6.         Mother said to the boy, "What is the time to go to school?" [NAR:14]




            7.         Mother said to the children "Do not go to the river." [NAR:16]




            8.         Mother says, "Let the girl go." [NAR:18]




            9.         Mousumi said to the boy, "Who are you?" [NAR:14]




            10.       Mr Ahmed said to the students, "Do you know that gardening is a very hard work?" [NAR:13]




            11.       Mr Ahmed said to the students, "What do you know about gardening?" [NAR:14]




            12.       Mr Ant said to his wife, "Can you help Mr Grasshopper?" [NAR:13]




            13.       Mrs Salam said to Anwar, "Why have you been running?" [NAR:14]




            14.       My brother said to me, "Go to school now or you will be punished." [NAR:16]




            15.       My father said to me, "I bought the book yesterday". [NAR:03]




            16.       My father said to me, "What are you doing now?" [NAR:14]




            17.       My father said, "We are going there tomorrow." [NAR:01]




            18.       My friend said to me, "Are we not going to the zoo tomorrow?" [NAR:13]




            19.       My mother often says, "I am happy." [NAR:01]




            20.       My mother said to me, "Be polite to the elders, my child."  [NAR:16]



Narration: Exercise 009
Answer Section

            1.         Mother asked me if I was going to school then.

            2.         Mother asked me if I heard her.

            3.         Mother advised me to respect my teachers.

            4.         Mother asked me when I would return.

            5.         Mother asked Nasim if she (N) would give her (M) a drink.

            6.         Mother asked the boy what was the time to go to school.

            7.         Mother forbade the children to go to the river.

            8.         Mother says that the girl may go/may be allowed to go.

            9.         Mousumi asked the boy who he was.

            10.       Mr Ahmed asked the students if they knew that gardening was a very hard work.

            11.       Mr Ahmed asked the students what they knew about gardening.

            12.       Mr Ant asked his wife if she could help Mr Grasshopper.

            13.       Mrs Salam asked Anwar why he had been running.

            14.       My brother told me to go to school then or I would be punished.

            15.       My father told me that he had bought the book the previous day.

            16.       My father asked me what I was doing then.

            17.       My father told me that they were going there the following day.

            18.       My friend asked me if we were not going to the zoo the next day.

            19.       My mother often says that she is happy.

            20.       Addressing me as her child my mother advised me to be polite to the elders.

No comments:

Post a Comment