Thursday, August 15, 2019

Narration: Exercise 013


Narration: Exercise 013

Change the following sentences into indirect speech.

            1.         The boy said to me, "Can you show me the way?" [NAR:13]




            2.         The boy said to me, "Is not poverty a curse?" [NAR:13]




            3.         The boy said to me, "Let us have a visit to Ram Sagar." [NAR:17]




            4.         The boy said to the teacher, "Please, lend me your book." [NAR:16]




            5.         The captain said, “Alas! My boys, we have lost the match." [NAR:21]




            6.         The captain said, "Let us show respect to the freedom fighters." [NAR:17]




            7.         The captain said, “Alas! I have lost the game.” [NAR:21]




            8.         The captain said, “Bravo! You have done well, boys.” [NAR:21]




            9.         The chairman said, "Let us settle the dispute." [NAR:17]




            10.       The court said to the police, "Let people live in peace." [NAR:18]




            11.       The crane said, “Fox, how clever you are!” [NAR:21]




            12.       The doctor said to the patient, "Don't take tea for some days." [NAR:16]




            13.       The doctor said, "Meditation purifies mind." [NAR:05]




            14.       The girl said to her mother, "Don't worry for me." [NAR:16]




            15.       The host said to his guests, "Welcome." [Exceptional]




            16.       The lady said to her husband, "How did you arrange it?" [NAR:14]




            17.       The man said to me, "Obey your parents." [NAR:16]




            18.       The man said to me, "What class do you read in and which book do you want?" [NAR:14]




            19.       The man said to the driver, "Why do you drive recklessly?" [NAR:14]




            20.       The man said to the manager, "Will you tell me the process of opening a bank account? [NAR:13]




Narration: Exercise 013
Answer Section

            1.         The boy asked me if I could show him the way.

            2.         The boy asked me if poverty was not a curse.

            3.         The boy proposed to me that we should have a visit to Ram Sagar.

            4.         The boy requested the teacher to lend him his book.

            5.         The captain exclaimed with sorrow to his boys that they had lost the match.

            6.         The captain proposed that they should show respect to the freedom fighters.

            7.         The captain exclaimed with sorrow that he had lost the game.

            8.         The captain applauded the boys saying that they had done well.

            9.         The chairman proposed that they should settle the dispute.

            10.       The court told the police that the people should be allowed to live in peace.

            11.       The crane exclaimed that the fox was very clever.

            12.       The doctor advised the patient not to take tea for some days.

            13.       The doctor said that meditation purifies mind.

            14.       The girl told her mother not to worry for her.

            15.       The host welcomed his guests.

            16.       The lady asked her husband how he had arranged it.

            17.       The man advised me to obey his parents.

            18.       The man asked me what class I read in and which book I wanted.

            19.       The man asked the driver why he drove recklessly.

            20.       The man asked the manager if he would tell him (m) the process of opening a bank account.

No comments:

Post a Comment