Monday, August 19, 2019

Dialogue between a Headmaster and a boy seeking admission

seeking admission


Boy
May I come in, Sir?
Headmaster
Yes, You may.
Boy
Good morning, Sir.
Headmaster
Good morning, my boy. What can I do for you?
Boy
Will you be kind enough to admit me to your school?
Headmaster
Which school are you coming from?
Boy
From a village school, Sir, a few miles off Jamshedpur.
Headmaster
Why do you like to change your school?
Boy
I like to be admitted to a town school where there is keen [প্রখর] competition.
Headmaster
Which stream does you like to take up?
Boy
Science stream, sir.
Headmaster
Have you got your progress report with you?
Boy
Yes, Sir. Here it is.
Headmaster
I see you have stood first and secured good marks in Mathematics. Still, you shall have to sit for an admission test.
Boy
When shall I sit for it, Sir?
Headmaster
Tomorrow at 11 a.m. comes with paper and pencil. Have you got your transfer certificate?
Boy
Yes, I have.
Headmaster
All right. If you pass the test, I shall be glad to admit you. Good bye!
Boy
Thank you, Sir. Good bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment