Thursday, August 15, 2019

Narration: Exercise 002


Narration: Exercise 002

Change the following sentences into indirect speech.

            1.         Arif said to me, "Do you want my help?" [NAR:13]




            2.         Arif said, "This is the way to solve it." [NAR:02]




            3.         Badhan said to Balam, "Did you go there in time?" [NAR:03]




            4.         Bina said to the boy, "Let the fish go into the water." [NAR:18]




            5.         Do you want a single or double room?” the receptionist said to the tourist. [NAR:13]




            6.         Dolon said to Lucky, "Stop excessive eating." [NAR:16]




            7.         Farzana said to Sadia, "You had better see a doctor." [NAR:16]




            8.         Father said to him, "Are you serious with your study?" [NAR:13]




            9.         Father said to his son, "Don't quarrel." [NAR:16]




            10.       Father said to his son, "Go to school now." [NAR:16]




            11.       Father said to his son, "Learn to be honest from your boyhood." [NAR:16]




            12.       Father said to me, "Did you do the work?" [NAR:13]




            13.       Father said to me, "Do not look down upon the poor." [NAR:16]




            14.       Father said to me, "Do not run in the sun." [NAR:16]




            15.       Father said to me, "Do not waste your time." [NAR:16]




            16.       Father said to me, "Do the work at once." [NAR:16]




            17.       Father said to me, "Don't go there." [NAR:16]




            18.       Father said to me, "Go to bed at once." [NAR:16]




            19.       Father said to me, "Go to school now."  [NAR:16]




            20.       Father said to me, "Have you finished your homework?" [NAR:13]



Narration: Exercise 002
Answer Section

            1.         Arif asked me if I wanted his help.

            2.         Arif told that it was the way to solve it.

            3.         Badhan asked Balam if he had gone there in time.

            4.         Bina requested the boy to let the fish go into the water.

            5.         The receptionist asked the tourist if he wanted a single or double room.

            6.         Dolon told Lucky to stop excessive eating.

            7.         Farzana advised Sadia to see a doctor.

            8.         Father asked him if he was serious with his studies.

            9.         Father advised his son not to quarrel.

            10.       Father ordered his son to go to school then.

            11.       Father advised his son to learn to be honest from his (boy) boyhood.

            12.       Father asked me if I had done the work.

            13.       Father advised me not to look down upon the poor.

            14.       Father advised me not to run in the sun.

            15.       Father advised me not to waste my time.

            16.       Father ordered me to do the work at once.

            17.       Father forbade me/told me not to go there.

            18.       Father ordered me to go to bed at once.

            19.       Father ordered me to go to school then.

            20.       Father asked me if I had finished my homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment