Thursday, August 15, 2019

Narration: Exercise 003


Narration: Exercise 003

Change the following sentences into indirect speech.

            1.         Father said to me, "How did you do the work?" [NAR:14]




            2.         Father said to me, "Never go there." [NAR:16]




            3.         Father said to me, "Never tell a lie." [NAR:16]




            4.         Father said to me, "Obey your teachers." [NAR:16]




            5.         Father said to me, "Whom are you talking to?" [NAR:14]




            6.         Father said to me, "Why don't you read carefully?" [NAR:14]




            7.         Father said to the son, "Why did you not go to school yesterday?" [NAR:14]




            8.         Father said, "Slow and steady wins the race." [NAR:05]




            9.         Father said, "Time and tide wait for none." [NAR:05]




            10.       Fatima said to me "Let me have a cup of tea. [NAR:19]




            11.       Hasan said to me, "I went to school yesterday." [NAR:03]




            12.       Hasan said, "I lived many years in Dhaka." [NAR:03]




            13.       He said to a co-passenger, "When will the next train come?" [NAR:14]




            14.       He said to her, "Who are you?" [NAR:14]




            15.       He said to her, "Why did you come here?" [NAR:14]




            16.       He said to his father, "I am preparing my lesson." [NAR:02]




            17.       He said to his father, "What are you doing?" [NAR:14]




            18.       He said to his friend, "Do you like to read novels?" [NAR:13]




            19.       He said to his friends, "Please wait for me till I return." [NAR:16]




            20.       He said to me, "A little learning is a dangerous thing." [NAR:05]



Narration: Exercise 003
Answer Section

            1.         Father asked how I had done the work.

            2.         Father advised me not to go there.

            3.         Father advised me not to tell a lie.

            4.         My father advised me to obey my teachers.

            5.         Father asked me whom I was talking to.

            6.         Father asked me why I didn't read carefully.

            7.         Father asked the son why he had not gone to school the previous day.

            8.         Father said that slow and steady wins the race.

            9.         Father said that time and tide waits for none.

            10.       Fatima told me that she might have a cup of tea.

            11.       Hasan told me that he had gone to school the previous day.

            12.       Hasan said that he had lived many years in Dhaka.

            13.       He asked a co-passenger when the next train would come.

            14.       He asked her who she was.

            15.       He asked her why she had gone there.

            16.       He told his father that he was preparing his lesson.

            17.       He asked his father what he (F) was doing.

            18.       He asked his friend if he (F) liked to read novels.

            19.       He requested his friends to wait for him till he returned.

            20.       He said to me that a little learning is a dangerous thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment