Thursday, August 15, 2019

Narration: Exercise 012


Narration: Exercise 012

Change the following sentences into indirect speech.

            1.         She said, "May you live long." [NAR:20]




            2.         She said, "O for a glass of water." [NAR:20]




            3.         She said, “Pooh! What a clumsy fellow he is.” [NAR:21]




            4.         She said, “What a lovely rose!” [NAR:21]




            5.         She said, “What a lovely rose!”  [NAR:21]




            6.         She said, “What a pretty the child is!” [NAR:21]




            7.         Shila said to Nila, "He took part in the function yesterday." [NAR:03]




            8.         Sifat said to me, "I am drawing a picture for you." [NAR:02]




            9.         Silvia said to Shila, "Don't peak so loudly." [NAR:16]




            10.       Sipon said to me, "I dare say you so." [NAR:16]




            11.       Soma said to the teacher, "Which book will we follow?" [NAR:14]




            12.       Sonia said, "They make me to do so." [NAR:02]




            13.       Sumi said to Badhan, "Who is your favourite teacher?" [NAR:14]




            14.       Sumon said, "I have a new bicycle now." [NAR:02]




            15.       Tamal said to me, "Let us settle the matter now."  [NAR:17]




            16.       Tareq asked Rafiq, "What do you think?" [NAR:14]




            17.       Teacher said to him, "Don't waste your time." [NAR:16]




            18.       The beggar said to me, "Let me have a meal." [NAR:18]




            19.       The beggar said to me, "Let me have some food as I have been starving since morning." [NAR:18]





            20.       The boy said to his friend, "Have you done the sum?" [NAR:13]



Narration: Exercise 012
Answer Section

            1.         She prayed that I might live long.

            2.         She wished for a glass of water.

            3.         She exclaimed with contempt that he was a very clumsy fellow.

            4.         She exclaimed that it was a very lovely rose.

            5.         She exclaimed that it was a very lovely rose.

            6.         She exclaimed that that the child was very pretty.

            7.         Shila told Nila that he had taken part in the function the previous day.

            8.         Sifat told me that he was drawing a picture for me.

            9.         Silvia told Shila not to speak so loudly.

            10.       Sipon told me that he dared to say me so.

            11.       Soma asked her teacher which book they would follow.

            12.       They said that they made her to do so.

            13.       Sumi asked Badhan who his favourite teacher was.

            14.       Sumon said that he had a new bicycle then.

            15.       Tamal proposed to me that we should settle the matter then.

            16.       Tareq asked Rafiq what he thought.

            17.       Teacher advised him not to waste his time.

            18.       The beggar told that he might be allowed to have a meal.

            19.       The beggar requested me to let him have some food as he had been starving since morning.

            20.       The boy asked his friend if he had done the sum.

No comments:

Post a Comment