Sunday, August 11, 2019

Article: Exercise 009


Article: Exercise 009

Fill in the gaps with a, an or the and put a cross (X) where no article is needed.

1.         Many wedding rings are made of ______ silver.

2.         May I borrow ______ pencil? - Yes, have this one. [ART:01]

3.         Milk is ______ very nutritious. [ART:59]

4.         Miss Lin speaks ______ Chinese. [ART:67]

5.         My brother does not eat ______ chicken.

6.         My brother is in ______ classroom. [ART:24]

7.         My daughter is learning to play ______ violin at her school. [ART:41]

8.         My ESL teacher often wears odd ______ socks.

9.         My grandmother had ______ long life. [ART:01]

10.       My husband's family speaks ______ Polish. [ART:67]

11.       My mother had ______ accident on the way home from work. [ART:17]

12.       New York is ______ big city. [ART:01]

13.       Newton was ______ great scientist and philosopher. [ART:01]

14.       Of all sports ______ cricket is my favourite. [ART:73]

15.       Of all ______ sports cricket is my favourite. [ART:73]

16.       On his way to school today, Jim saw ______ accident on the road. [ART:17]

17.       On ______ train, there was ______ man who was snoring very loudly.

18.       One evening ______ beggar came to my door. [ART:01]

19.       One of ______ CD players was broken but luckily ______ other one worked. [ART:23]

20.       One of ______ students said, ______ professor is late today."


Article: Exercise 009
Answer Section

1.         X

2.         a

3.         X

4.         X

5.         X

6.         the

7.         the

8.         X

9.         a

10.       X

11.       an

12.       a

13.       a

14.       X

15.       X

16.       an

17.       the, a

18.       a

19.       the

20.       the, the

No comments:

Post a Comment