Thursday, August 15, 2019

Narration: Exercise 008

Narration: Exercise 008

Change the following sentences into indirect speech.

            1.         I said to my teacher, "Please help me in doing the sum." [NAR:16]




            2.         I said to Ria, "How were you?" [NAR:14]




            3.         I said to the headmaster, "Will you grant me a full free studentship?" [NAR:13]




            4.         I said to the man, "Do you know anybody here?" [NAR:13]




            5.         I said to the salesman, "What's the price of this shirt?" [NAR:14]




            6.         I said to them, "Do you have any problem?" [NAR:13]




            7.         Imran said to me, "I was ill." [NAR:03]




            8.         Jamal said to Sumon, "Have you finished reading the book?" [NAR:13]




            9.         John Keats said, "Truth is beauty, beauty is truth." [NAR:05]




            10.       Julia said, "I get up early in the morning every day." [NAR:05]




            11.       Kamal said to his friends, "Let us inform it to our class teacher."  [NAR:17]




            12.       Kamal said to Jamal "Let me say it again." [NAR:18]




            13.       Karim said to his sister, "What are you doing there?" [NAR:14]




            14.       Karim said to me, "Why did you call me?" [NAR:14]




            15.       Karim said to Rahim, "I drew a nice picture." [NAR:03]




            16.       Liza said to Lima, "How are you?" [NAR:14]




            17.       Luna said to her friend, "Let us have a picnic on Sunday." [NAR:17]




            18.       Mother said to her daughter, "Have you taken the book?" [NAR:13]




            19.       Mother said to her daughter, "What will you do the next day?" [NAR:14]




            20.       Mother said to his daughter, "Always speak the truth." [NAR:05]



Narration: Exercise 008
Answer Section

            1.         I requested my teacher to help me in doing the sum.

            2.         I asked Ria how she (R) had been.

            3.         I asked the headmaster if he would grant me a full free studentship.

            4.         I asked the man if he knew anybody there.

            5.         I asked the salesman what the price of that shirt was.

            6.         I asked them if they had any problem.

            7.         Imran told me that he had been ill.

            8.         Jamal asked Sumon if he (S) had finished reading the book.

            9.         John Keats said that truth is beauty, beauty is truth.

            10.       Julia said that she gets up early in the morning every day.

            11.       Kamal proposed to his friends that we should inform it to our class teacher.

            12.       Kamal requested Jamal to let him say it again.

            13.       Karim asked his sister what she was doing there.

            14.       Karim asked me why I had called him.

            15.       Karim told Rahim that he had drawn a nice picture.

            16.       Liza asked Lima how she was.

            17.       Luna proposed to her friends that they should have a picnic on Sunday.

            18.       Mother asked her daughter if she had taken the book.

            19.       Mother asked her daughter what she would do the next day.

            20.       Mother advised her daughter to always speak the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment