Monday, August 19, 2019

Dialogue about summer vacation

summer vacation


Fay
Hi Jerry. The school year is almost over. Do you have any plans for the summer holiday?
Jerry
I'm planning on sleeping all day, every day!
Fay
Oh, come on Jerry, you must be kidding.
Jerry
Yeah, I'm just pulling your leg. Actually, I'm going to go down to Guizhou Province.
Fay
Really? Why would you go to Guizhou? It's not a very popular tourist site [জায়গা].
Jerry
Exactly! It's not very popular, so it won't be too crowded. I enjoyed my trip to the Great Wall, but there were so many people there. I think it spoiled the atmosphere [ক্ষেত্র] a bit.
Fay
I'm sure Guizhou won't be so crowded. But won't it be too hot in the summer?
Jerry
No, according [অনুযায়ী] to one of my students, it's very cool in the summer. He said it is ""naturally air conditioned"".
Fay
Well, that sounds good. I wouldn't mind getting away from the Beijing heat myself. Still, I wonder... is there anything worth seeing in Guizhou?
Jerry
Sure! For one thing, there's the beautiful natural scenery. I'm sure you've heard of the Huang Guo Shu Waterfalls. There's also the ‘Maling Gorge’ which is said to be spectacular. There are mountains everywhere in Guizhou, even in the capital city of Guiyang.
Fay
Gee, when you describe it like that, it sounds really interesting!
Jerry
We'll see what happens!
Fay
Do you have a place to stay in Guizhou?
Jerry
Yes, I'm very lucky. My student's sister is the manager of the Guizhou Park Hotel, the best hotel in the province.
Fay
That's great, Jerry. I'm looking forward to seeing your photos when you get back.


No comments:

Post a Comment