Thursday, August 15, 2019

Narration: Exercise 014


Narration: Exercise 014

Change the following sentences into indirect speech.

            1.         The man said, "I finished the work." [NAR:03]




            2.         The mother said to his son, "Call in a doctor." [NAR:16]




            3.         The officer said to the workers "Leave the room at once." [NAR:16]




            4.         The old man said to his sons, "Why do you always quarrel?" [NAR:14]




            5.         The old man said to me, "Do you know the way to the hospital?" [NAR:13]




            6.         The old man said to me, "How long have you been staying here?" [NAR:14]




            7.         The old man said to the boy, "Do not waste your time." [NAR:16]




            8.         The old man said to the girl, "I know you and your father." [NAR:02]




            9.         The old man said to the girl, "What is your name?" [NAR:14]




            10.       The old man said to the maid, "Can you give me some food?" [NAR:13]




            11.       The old man said to them, "Let me have a little rest." [NAR:18]




            12.       The old man said, "Let me have some milk." [NAR:18]




            13.       The passenger said to the porter, "When will the train arrive?" [NAR:13]




            14.       The passer-by said to me, "Brother, please help me." [NAR:16]




            15.       The piper said to the mayor, "Give me promised money." [NAR:16]




            16.       The players said, “Hurrah! We have won the match.” [NAR:21]




            17.       The policeman said to me, "Did you see the accident?" [NAR:13]




            18.       The prisoner said to the judge, "Let me see my mother." [NAR:18]




            19.       The Prophet (Sm) said, "Allah is one." [NAR:05]




            20.       The six blind said, "Let us go and find out." [NAR:17]



Narration: Exercise 014
Answer Section

            1.         The man said that he had finished the work.

            2.         The mother told her son to call in a doctor.

            3.         The officer ordered to the worker to leave the room at once.

            4.         The old man asked his sons why they always quarrelled.

            5.         The old man asked me if I knew the way to the hospital.

            6.         The old man asked me how long I had been staying there.

            7.         The old man advised the boy not to waste his time.

            8.         The old man told the girl that he knew her and her father.

            9.         The old man asked the girl what her name was.

            10.       The old man asked the maid if she could give him some food.

            11.       The old man requested them that he should be allowed to have a little rest.

            12.       The old man requested to let him have some milk.

            13.       The passenger asked the porter when the train would arrive.

            14.       The passer-by addressed me as brother and requested me to help him.

            15.       The piper requested the mayor to give him his promised money.

            16.       The players exclaimed with joy that they had won the match.

            17.       The police man asked me if I saw the accident.

            18.       The prisoner requested the judge to let him (P) see his (P) mother.

            19.       The Prophet (Sm) said that Allah is one.

            20.       The six blind men proposed that they should go and find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment