Saturday, August 10, 2019

Article: Exercise 006

Article: Exercise 006

Fill in the gaps with a, an or the and put a cross (X) where no article is needed.

1.         I cannot believe ______ luck he had winning all that money. [ART:23]

2.         I cannot forget ______ kindness with which he treated me. [ART:23]

3.         I do not like ______ basketball. [ART:73]

4.         I don't know much about ______ life of Napoleon. [ART:23]

5.         I don't like ______ toothpaste I bought last week. It tastes of onions! [ART:24]

6.         I don't like ______ cats! [ART:58]

7.         I don't like ______ rude people.

8.         I eat ______ apple for breakfast every day. [ART:17]

9.         I feel ill. I think it was ______ pizza I had for dinner. [ART:22]

10.       I had ______ egg and ______ glass of milk for breakfast.

11.       I hate ______ dogs that live in ______ next house. They bark all night

12.       I hate wet ______ weather. [ART:59]

13.       I have ______ problem. Can you help me? [ART:01]

14.       I have completed my research about ______ geography of Albania. [ART:24]

15.       I learnt ______ German at school. [ART:64]

16.       I left ______ work at six o'clock pm.

17.       I like to watch ______ football. [ART:73]

18.       I like  ______ blue T-shirt over there better than ______ red one. [ART:22]

19.       I live in ______ apartment. ______ apartment is new.

20.       I live in ______ old house near the centre of town. (There are many old houses.) [ART:17]



Capitalization and Punctuation: Exercise 005
Answer Section

1.         the

2.         the

3.         X

4.         the

5.         the

6.         X

7.         X

8.         an

9.         the

10.       an, a

11.       the

12.       X

13.       a

14.       the

15.       X

16.       X

17.       X

18.       the, the

19.       an, The

20.       an

No comments:

Post a Comment