Sunday, April 29, 2018

Dialogue between father and son on choice of career



Father
 Good Morning, Zarif! How are you?
Son
 Good morning, father. I am fine and you?
Father
 I am also fine. I am glad [আনন্দিত] that you have passed the examination with good score. Now you have to decide which way you will proceed [অগ্রসর হওয়া].
Son
 Yes, father, I will act up to your advice.
Father
 But I want to know your mind first. Our choice must be to your liking [অভিরুচি].
Son
 I want to be a Computer Engineer, if you agree [সম্মত হওয়া].
Father
 Yes, it is an excellent [চমৎকার] profession [পেশা]. By being a skilled [দক্ষ] computer engineer, you can do many things for the nation [দেশ]. But have you ever thought over the hard work, it will mean?
Son
 Yes, father, I think no work is too hard for me in this profession. I will study the Science Course in a reputed [সুনাম] college. But it means additional [বাড়তি] expense [খরচ].
Father
 Oh, no, my boy! You need not worry [উদ্বিগ্ন] about the expense. I will cheerfully [প্রফুল্ল] pay all your expenses in this connection, as I know my money will be well spent [ব্যয়িত].
Son
 You are so kind [সদয়] to me, father.
Father
 And you are so good to us, dear son. I fully support your future plan.
Son
 Thank you, father.

3 comments: