Monday, April 30, 2018

Letter to friend consoling him/her on his/her mother’s death

Nawsin Rahman
Binodpur, Magura
August 23, 20__

My dear Anika,
I am deeply [গভীরভাবে] shocked [বিস্মিত] to hear the sad news of your mother’s sudden death. It came to me like a (bolt from the blue) [বিনা মেঘে বজ্রাঘাত, সম্পূর্ণ অপ্রত্যাশিত জিনিস]. I cannot imagine [কল্পনা করা] that your mother is no longer among us. Whenever I close my eyes, her loving face appears before me. I could never think that she would leave us at such a premature [অকালপক্ক] age. I do not know how to console [সান্তনা দেওয়া] you in such a bereaved [শোক সনতপ্ত] hour. Your grief is so great that words fail to console you. The loss of a mother is irrecoverable [যাহা পুনরুদ্ধার করা যায় না এমন].

I pray to Allah for giving you strength to bear [সহ্য করা] the loss. I also pray heartily that your mother’s soul [আত্মা] may rest in peace.

No more today. 

Your loving friend,
Nawsin Rahman

No comments:

Post a Comment