Monday, April 30, 2018

Letter to friend about Pohela Boisakh

Pohela Boisakh

Farjana Rahman
Ibrahimpur
Mirpur-14 Dhaka-1206
November 30, 20..

My dear Rezoana,
At the beginning of the letter, take my cordial [আন্তরিক] love. Hope you are hale [সুস্থ] and hearty [হাসিখুশি] by the grace [কৃপা] of Almighty [সর্ব শক্তিমান] Allah. I am also well by His grace.

Recently, we have celebrated [উদযাপন করা] Pahela Baishakh, the Bangla New year’s day at our school premises [প্রাঙ্গনে]. The day is a symbol [প্রতীক] of our Bangla culture. It is celebrated as a public holiday. On this day early in the morning people of all ages and religions assemble [একত্র] at a particular [বিশেষ] place wearing [পরিধেয়] traditional [ঐতিহ্যগত] dress and welcome the Bangla New year through songs and music. Then artists sing folk songs and bawool songs. Many enjoy batasha (cake of molasses [গুড়]) and Khoi (parched rice) I ate panta- Illish with great pleasure [আনন্দ] I wore [পরিধান করা] new clothes in the morning. I went various [নানাবিধ] places like public squares. It was a special day to be remembered for life. That is all for today.

No more today. Write to me whenever you have time.

With love and good wishes,
Farjana

No comments:

Post a Comment